As in the meantime my Mr.Nixie Superb Phono has become established as an insider's tip in audiophile community, they called for some additional features, like an easy adjustment of the matching impedance and capacitance to the cartridge. At the same time even higher demands on acoustical performances were formulated, which results in the development of an independent sonic reference.
After several months of extensive R&D time such an audio reference has been created, which needs not to shy the comparison with the best and most expensive phono preamplifiers of the commercial market.
As the idea for the development was being made in the audiophile DIY community, it was only appropriate to offer a new phono preamplifier as a kit version which gives the experienced DIY now a portal to the unknown acoustical reference technology. As a reminiscence for the developmental efforts this new DIY phono preamplifier bears the beautiful name DIGNA.
The price-performance ratio of the DIGNA can be described only as "galactically" after various listening tests against established high 4-digit priced high-end top dogs and is absolute unique on the market.
Only the best available audiophile components have been choosen for DIGNA, creating a DIY standard that is not available on the world market in this high end quality.
Another special feature is that thanks to its 3-PCB concept, the DIGNA runs absolutely hum-free even without any enclosure. This opens up a completely new ways for "case-modders" as they can now create their own housing. Appropriate mounting holes are available on the PCBs.
Click on the picture
Transrotor AC / Ultracraft AC 30 / Benz Mcro Glider S Version M
- Audiophile Vishay/Dale CMF55 resistors.
- Vishay/Sfernice conductive plastic potentio-meter for variable MC impedance control.
- Nichicon MUSE capacitors within the audio path.
- Lowest tolerances (1% or 2.5%) WIMA FKS2 capacitors.
- Polymer capacitors for stabilization.
- Power supply board just SMT pre-assembled and soldered.
- Highest quality and MU-metal screened audio transformers, compliant with a KLEIN + HUMMEL specification to match the low output and impedance MC cartridges, are made by Haufe GmbH & Co. KG (former "Werk für Studiotechnik") in Usingen-Taunus / Germany.
- Selectable symmetrical input for MC.
- Gold plated and screened RCA jacks.
- Gold plated PCB boards.
- Power supply is assembled on an extra PCB plus extra screening board on top for perfect hum suppression.
- Gold plated IC sockets within the audio path.
- Passive RIAA equalization with deviation lower than 0.5 dB.
- IEC subsonic filter @ 10 Hz
- BURSON V6 Vivid
discret build audio operational amplifier from Melbourne/Australia performs the ultra low noise 40 dB amplification and the 75 µs RIAA hights roll-off for the optimum possible sound reproduction.
- Gold plated tube sockets./li>
- One pair TELEFUNKEN ECC8100 Goldpin
NOS frame grid dual triodes, one of the latest TELEFUNKEN developments in the 60's with interlayer free cathodes and much more than 10,000 hrs. durability are included in the kit.
- By re-soldering two jumpers other frame grid tubes like the E88CC / ECC88 / 6DJ8 / PCC88 / 7DJ8 or 6922 can be fitted.
- Amber tubes illumination, displays ready for operation after warming up.
- Green back-lightened cover frame.
- Variable 0...+3 dB amplification to compensate tolerances.
- All internal voltages are stabilized.
- No dangerous high voltage (max. 64 V) for the tubes supply.
- Grounded-grid circuity of the 1st triode system gives extra level amplification to match the following passive RIAA equalization.
- Low impedance (150 ohms) Cathode follower outputs enabled with the 2nd triode system.
- Switchable MM / MC amplification with stepless variable input impedance from 10...900 ohms @ MC and in 50 pF steps adjustable input capacitance from 50...400 pF @ MM with normalized impedance of 47 kohms.
- As much as possible "Made in Germany" components are used.
- High grade external 12 VDC switching desktop power supply is included.
- Very low power consumption of only 9 VA.
- Ready to play within four hrs. of assembly time.
- Total dimensions (WxDxH): 135 x 120 x 90 mm
- Weight: 500 g
Frequency response: 20 Hz...20 kHz +/- 0,5 dB RIAA deviation
Signal-to-noise-ratio: 86 dB(A) @ MM, 76 dB(A) @ MC
Amplification @ 1 kHz: 42 dB @ MM, 60 dB @ MC, + 3 dB adjustable
Output impedance: 150 ohms
Max. input voltage @ MM and 100 Hz: 45 mV --> output voltage 8,9 V
Max. input voltage @ MM and 10 kHz: 60 mV --> output voltage 1,1 V
Input capacitance MM: 50 pF switchable steps from 50 ... 400 pF
Input impedance MM: 47 kOhms fixed
Input impedance MC: 10 ... 900 ohms stepless variable
Fully inclusive kit with all electronical and mechanical components, 2 pcs. ECC8100
NOS TELEFUNKEN Goldpin tubes and desktop power supply with selectable mains plug.
Flat shipping costs of 7.50 or 8.50 EUR are added to cart
The prices of the DE / EU versions includes the German 19% VAT.
Higher handling costs for export are already included in the item price exept of import duties, taxes etc. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.