The IN-9 Nixielyzer is back !
Now the time has come an I will offer a new batch.
Just order "your" IN-9 Nixielyzer DIY kit or pre-assembled
and look foward for the delivery in Spring 2020.
The IN-9 Nixielyzer is an analog audio spectrum analyzer, based around the BA3830F analog analyzer chip. It offers the display of six selective audio bands:
63 Hz, 150 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, 3.3 kHz and 10 kHz.
As an extra feature, you can mix the signal of a build in microphone to the display, to use the IN-9 Nixielyzer as a stand-alone device when no audio source is connected).
The IN-9 Nixielyzer operates with six IN-9 Nixie Bargraph tubess and has two RCA stereo in- and outputs (for easy daisy chaining the device within an existing audio path) and also two 1/8" TRS jacks for simple connecting your MP3 player, mobile phone plus headphone for listening etc.
Both signals (RCA and 1/8" TRS are only internal mixed via an electronic zero ohms node and do not affect each other.
The IN-9 Nixielyzer uses no digital signal processor or FFT (Fast Fourier Transformation); so the display is stepless and fully in realtime.
Furthermore a modified dbx compandor ciruity was introduced to enhance the dislayed dynamic range.
The topology of the electronics corresponds to that of the proven EM800 Magilyzer circuity.
Video Review from "Techmoan"
Assembling the kit and circuit description from "youtuuba"
What is an audio spectrum analyzer?
The IN-9 Nixielyzer now separates this audio signal into six selective bands and show their special audio level within this frequency range:
• 63 Hz = Low Bass (e.g. Bassdrum)
• 150 Hz= Mid Bass (e.g. Bassguitar)
• 330 Hz = Low Mid (near concert pitch of the most musican instruments)
•1 kHz = Mid of voice frequency (e.g. the "beep" sound for indecent words in interviews)
• 3.3 kHz = Presence (e.g. "sch" in the word Schedule or the imitated sound of a steam locomotive)
• 10 kHz = Heights (e.g. "sssss")
You'll get a fully complete DIY kit and complete means complete:• PCBs with double sided silk screen
• All necessary electronic components
• All necessary mounting hardware
• Complete enclosure with all necessary frames
• 15 VDC wall mart power supply with EU mains incl. adaptors for US/GB/AU is included
• Aluminium frame silver anodized
• On request 1 set of IN-9 tubes (optional with Argon = pink or Neon = amber inert gas)
• On request spare tube(s)