The proven time keeping method in Germany and neighboring European countries:
From radio station "DCF-77" in Frankfurt/Main, the time signal is continuously transmitted and received within a radius of about 1,000 km. The external DCF receiver forwards the signal to the clock for synchronization.
- Orientation to the radio station in Mainflingen near Frankfurt is necessary
- Unfortunately interference-prone 77.5 kHz long-wave transmission, therefore reliable synchronization only at night hours
- During synchronization the Nixie tubes should be switched off (can be set-up in the options menu of the clocks)
- Central European Time (CET) is transmitted with automatic switching between DST and Non-DST
- Can be used in Germany and the neighboring European countries
- Can not be used with the Strawberry Clock
The wireless way of time keeping, specially with multiple clocks:
The data sent by the GPS satellite system is received (similar to the car's navigation system) and converted into a 433 MHz signal, then transmitted intermittently and received from ASK modules which are either fitted into Mr.Nixie clocks or externally connected to the PVelectronics clocks.
These wireless components consist of the following devices
- Place the Wireless transmitter on a window frame with a clear view to the horizont
- Wall outlet for powering the Wireless transmitter necessary
- 433 MHz signal strenght up to 20 m indoor
- Every clock must be equipped with an internal (Mr.Nixie) or external (PVelectronics) ASK module
- One Wireless transmitter can be received by any number of clocks
- World time (UTC) is transmitted, which means that the clocks have to be configured once for the corresponding time zone and need to be set between DST and Non-DST twice a year by pressing a button
- Can be used worldwide, but specially intended for Export
1.: A wireless GPS receiver with USB power supply for placement on a window frame.
2.: An ASK module (internal or external) for fitting into or connection to the clock.
If you want to use Wireless GPS synchronization for the first time, we recommend to order a Wireless Set 3
(for Mr.Nixie clocks) or a Wireless Set 1
(for PVelectronics clocks), as all necessary components are already included. Later, to expand to every new clock, you only need an internal or external ASK module.
See here a video of the very first evaluation sample of the Wireless Set.