- Only analogue technique is used.
The measuring electronics runs without any processor or other digital ciruity.
- Power supply via USB port.
Power consumption is as less as NixieTherm RGB can powered up from a simple USB port. No driver needs to be installed. NixieTherm only "catches" the supplied voltage. As an alternative, NixieTherm RGB can be powered from a standard Mini-USB charger.
- Low power consumption and self heating
50...350 mA @ 5VDC depending on the lenght of the glow coloumn thanks to the high efficiency voltage doubler in the HV supply.
- High accuracy with LM35DZ temperature sensor
+/- 0.5°C (+/- 1°F) adjustable.
- Displayed temperature range
14...36°C / 58...97°F
- Fully smoothed display
in true realtime.
- Easy operating the RGB controller
by pushing a simple button
- The electronic kit:
You get a complete electronic and mechanic kit – and complete means complete:
• All electronic parts + PCB with assembled and soldered SMD parts
• Tested IN-13 Nixie bargraph tube on request
• All mechanical enclosure parts
• USB power supply with mains plug for EU/US/UK on request
- SMD pre-assembed
Thanks to the most SMD pre-assembly and soldering only a small handful parts needs to be fitted and soldered.
What you'll need:
- Around 1 hour of your evening time with no hurry
- A clear, well-lit area in which to work
- Soldering station with fine tip and fine electronic solder
- Multimeter to check the generated voltages
- Electronic tools
- TX10 (Torx), PH1/2 and slotted screwdriver
- Download of the manual
- Enjoyment of your work of course
- And last but not least a simple USB port on your PC or an USB charger to power up NixieTherm RGB.
Your engraved logo on the scale or the case in special colors?
When ordering 5 or more NixieTherm RGB we can offer you without extra charge
an individual engraving of the scale with your company logo or manufacturing the case in many different colours.
- Standard: Transparent, White or Black glossy
- Mirrored: Silver / Natural, Anthracite, Gold, Bronze, Orange, Red, Dark Red, Purple, Pink, Green, Yellow, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Avocado.
This would be really an absolute unique gift for your best clients! Please contact
us if you are interested.
The Story behind the (new) NixieTherm
The original NixieTherm Mk I was introduced in 2011 (Download Design Protection)
and were sold in the meantime more than 950 times. Now another batch needed to be re-ordered with causes in a PCB and enclosure redesign, which means that the PCB and the enclosure are now smaller and the board is nearly fully SMD assembled and soldered. Therefore only a few components needs to be fitted and soldered by the customer for an easier and faster assembly pleasure. And the selling price could be decreased, too.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
In the meantime there are a lot of cheap copies - specially from Lithuania, Ukraine and - with faked accounts now also from Italy - on the market, but they have never reached the top quality of the German original Mr.Nixie's NixieTherm.